20.6.10

WELLINGTON

Finally I see some things that make me alive in this country! So many time I want to buy from here. I feel like do not want to go anywhere else but just stay in Wellington. 1 minute walk, I will reach the center of the city.
Food: 
Subway $3.90 for 6 inch
Mc Donald $5 for 1 cheese burger, 1 frozen coke, 1 apple pine, 1 pack chips
Burger King: $4.90 for beef cheese burger, 1 drink, and chips
New Work Market $4 for a pack of sushi

Food is cheaper than the kampung area while it have PROMOTIONS.

Rental:
They said  $120 - $350 per week
$120 - $150 consider as very damn cheap in Wellington
I found $80 - $90 per week, but I have to walk 40 minutes from the place to the restaurant I work for. I rather pay $50 more, 40 minutes is killing my legs.

Transport:
Like the other capital of any country. A lot of car and buses.

Work:
There are a lot of part time and full time opportunity in Wellington. 
For those chinese restaurant, they will pay $8 to $9 for student. I think it is illegal. The government did mention, the min pay should be $12.75 per hours before tax.
Tax:
My another heart breaker. 
19.3% to 21% P.A.Y.E   Pay As You Earn
1/5 of the salary going to the government
Foreigner can get back the tax only before when you leave new zealand.
Is very hard if you want to get back the tax.
You pay $1000, they might give you $150 - $200 only

I did said I feel alive in Wellington.
Easy to get know INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS.
Easy to look for any information you want.
Easy to look for a job or many jobs in here.

BUT....
I am going back to Te Puke again >_<
on Tuesday.


No comments: